I have another update on the granny stripes blanket for you today 🙂 Summer is a busy time but I have been able to pick up my crochet here and there and get a little more done. It’s getting very big! I don’t have room on the floor any more to take a photo of it all stretched out so today we will have to make do with a stylish sofa drape shot…
And here’s a picture to show all the latest stripes since my last update.
I’ve managed 16 more stripes, starting with the hot pink and working upwards on the photo here. Which isn’t too bad really and has made it quite a lot longer. I’ve also managed to weave in all the ends which is never a bad thing! The bright turquoise there is new and replaces a slightly darker turquoise I used earlier on in the blanket and had run out of. They don’t match but they are similar in tone and it’s not something that I mind since this project was supposed to be pretty random and to use up scraps anyway (until it started eating every last scrap and demanding more!).
Here’s a nice picture of it all rolled up, which is how I keep it when it is not engulfing me and the sofa.
As it’s grown so much now I’m going to start measuring it against my son’s bed soon, to work out how many more stripes I want to do to get it to fit on a single bed.
Thanks for reading…catch you on the next stripes update!