I have finally finished my Ice Queen Cowl finally! I started this cowl last January, but ran into trouble with it and short of yarn. Probably because I did not check my gauge (a big no no!) and my gauge tends to be looser than most designers; meaning I generally have to go down several needle sizes to match the gauge. Anyway, I decided to just have it shorter and started the bind off only to find I was only half way through the bind off when I ran out of yarn. Groan!! Luckily my friend who had originally sent me the Kidsilk Haze, sent me another skein to finish it. Due to the mohair and ‘catchiness’ of it I worried over unpicking the bind off for a long time. It really didn’t take that long, only a couple of hours and it really wasn’t that hard once I started it. So I put it back on needles and then worked on some other projects again for a while til I could figure out where I had left off when I stopped. I took a look at my Ravelry notes and luckily this time I had actually taken good notes and had exactly where I needed to start again. Finally one afternoon last week, I got out my trusty little notebook and pen, marked out what I needed to do, and got busy. And today, I finally took some pictures to share.
My daughter Kerstin is trying to claim this knit. She really likes the sparkles in it and the pretty blue color. She even agreed to model for me!
This is an easy pattern to follow and gives a pretty result. I used size 7 (4.5mm) Knit Picks Harmony needles and Rowan Kidsilk Haze Glamour.